Cherokee Strip Land Rush Museum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The bridges of cowley county

3 posters

Go down

The bridges of cowley county Empty Re: The bridges of cowley county

Post  ol' Dr. snyder Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:04 pm

I have already started the process for one bridge so that i can learn the proceedure to get them listed. i have filed an application to the kansas state historical society to get this bridge on the historical register and have receved a reply that the bridge does qualify for designation as a historical site, and the next step in the process, that is to attend a township comission meeting and get its approval for the idea. then proceed with the registeration. before this request. i think its important to get people behind the idea.the township may have ideas of their own ideas, on one hand they may be opposed to tthe idea because of additional obligation and work to preserve the bridges, on the other hand it may mean additional frderal funds for them to do the preservation work. also i need to establish a voulenteer team that can do some of this restoration to minimize the burden on the township and county .it takes a period of time to do this, there is alot of paper work and requests and submissions to various agencies. i could use some help in this area, attending meetings, filing requests etc. as i am employed full time i have difficulty doing all these things. these bridges are the pride of cowley county and i think its important to get them a historical sites designation. if this is not done, when the bridges come into disrepair, insted of doing the necessary repairs they will be torn down and replaced with a concrete and steel structure. i am glad to be spearheading this effort, it is a cause well worth my time and the time of the citizens of cowley county. thanks, ol" Dr. Snyder.

ol' Dr. snyder

Back to top Go down

The bridges of cowley county Empty Welcome

Post  Admin Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:11 pm

Welcome to our forum. We have alot of great history in our area and we would love to have your input here.

As far as the bridges, I will have to do some research myself as to particular ones. I will be in touch George.

Thanks!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://cherokeestripmuseum.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The bridges of cowley county Empty welcome to forum

Post  bluebird Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:23 am

Welcome to the forum and sounds like a good idea to register the bridges. I personally do not know how,but Heather, the forum Administor and Director of the museum most likely will.
Thank you for you interest and will enjoy your information to the forum.
The bridges have taken a life of their own. There is a tour for the bridges and many pictures of them.
Thank you Bluebird Very Happy

bluebird

Back to top Go down

The bridges of cowley county Empty The bridges of cowley county

Post  ol' Dr. snyder Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:48 am

Question : How many bridges in cowley county are actually protected and registered as historical structures.
Answer: Only one.

Question : do you think it is important to get our bridges designated as historical and placed on the national register?

Question : Would you like to help ol' Dr. snyder to do this?

ol' Dr. snyder

Back to top Go down

The bridges of cowley county Empty Re: The bridges of cowley county

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down